Sunday, August 5, 2012

Growing Up With Sissy Desires

All through grade school, I had a strong desire to be a girl.  I wanted to wear pretty clothes like theirs.  I wanted to experiment with makeup.  Instead, I was stuck with people urging me to play sports and such.  I hated sports and still do to this day.  The only one that I was ever good at was volleyball and that is typically considered a sport for girls anyway so I wasn't allowed to participate.

What I wouldn't have given to come to school dressed in pretty clothes like the other girls.  I wanted to wear skirts and dresses and feel the breeze blowing across my legs through my tights or pantyhose just like they did.  I wanted to hear my pretty shoes make tapping sounds as I walked through the halls.  I wanted to have long hair that would tickle my neck and fall in my face.  Or I could pull it back in a ponytail or braid it.  I wanted to wear jewelry like theirs.  Bracelets, necklaces, and earrings.....oh how I loved earrings!

But I was on the outside looking in.  I contented myself with wearing pantyhose under my jeans and trying to simulate the sensations that the girls must be feeling when they wore them with skirts, although I knew it wasn't the same thing.  On these days, I would hurry home hoping that nobody would be there when I arrived so I could borrow some things from my mother or sister and pretend, just for a while that I was one of the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment